Re: Carb Springs

To: Profili <pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Carb Springs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:45:51 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Profili wrote:

> List members,
>
> I have been putting together my 66 Sprite from a box of
> bits, so it's sometimes difficult to determine exactly where
> everything goes.
>
> The latest problem I have is the location of the return
> springs for the carbs.  Does the centre one go to the large
> 'cam' on the throttle linkage, with the two outer ones going
> to the jet linkages?  If this is correct, where does the
> choke cable go?
>
> Also, any suggestions for the initial setting up of the
> carbs?

3 car springs, 1 on the center linkage cam and 1 on each throttle
linkage.
The choke goes thru the brass fitting on the front side of the rear
carb.
It uses a cable end/fitting to secure it to the choke lever.

For initial carb settings try 2 1/2 turns down, (15 flats of the nut)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ