Re: Blah-Insurance Stuff

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: adrian@icx.net
Subject: Re: Blah-Insurance Stuff
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:37:41 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Adrian,
You do not want a "stated amount" policy; you want an "agreed amount"
policy. A stated amount policy will pay you "Actual Cash Value" an
"Agreed Amount" policy will pay you the "Agreed Amount". A "stated
amount" is only the basis for rating and has nothing to do with the
amount for which the vehicle is insured.

Jay Fishbein, CT

On 03/10/99 14:50:04 you wrote:

>I am wanting to start working on getting my car insured.  My insurance
>company is Farmers, and my agent claims that for a stated value policy,
>I must have a value stated by a dealer or other appraiser.  Anybody
else
>use Farmers that could give me more info?  Also, what methods do I use
>to get an accurate value for the car?  I know I'll have about $6000 in
>this car, some receipted, some not (used parts, etc).  I am heading to
>the mgcars.org site to see what people are asking for the cars.
Thanks!