Re: Blah-Insurance Stuff

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blah-Insurance Stuff
From: "Geoffrey P. Muttart" <gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:25:53 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Adrian & List

I've got a friend with a MGTA who was successful in convincing his insurance
company to agree to a value without an appraisal.  Part of his argument was
that there really wasn't an appraiser locally that had the knowledge
required to appraise British Cars, especially his (there's lots that know
Detroit iron, though).  He gathered information from various publications
(Hemmings, etc) to show what the "going rate" was and the insurer accepted
this (the "market" for his car is very much in the UK and he was thus able
to make use of UK publications, too).

In my opinion, if there is someone in your area that can accurately appraise
your lbc after you've spent many $$$ on it, it is well worth the cost to
have it done.  A current appraisal should minimise the hassles with your
insurer about the actual value of your lbc when that 1/2-ton backs into you
at the gas pumps!

Geoff Muttart
Bugeye