Re: SPAX shock conversion

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: SPAX shock conversion
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:22:49 -0500
Cc: Erin Matzen <sunflower@networksplus.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike Gigante wrote:

> Erin,
>
> I've had a good set of lever arm shocks on my bugeye before and after
> I used the Spax tele conversion from Mini Mania. As you might have
> deduced by now, I took them off because a *good* set of armstrong shocks
> actually worked better.
>
> Why, well the mounting angle of the teles is way sub-optimal, also the
> shocks acted as droop limiters. Max suspension travel way reduced by
> about 1"

Mike

This seems to be what all tube converters do. Try it and then go back to
levers.
I did not personally do the conversion on the advice of a few other
converters. It seems the true "drivers" switch back to levers where the
"riders" love the conversion.
At least that is my general observation over the past twenty something
years.
Again I was advised against the conversion by a pro rally driver. (he
rallies a Midget)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ