Re: Oil and Oil coolers

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Oil and Oil coolers
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:08:29 +1100
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This is what I do on recommendation of the engine builder.

Use good mineral oil for first 500 miles after rebuild then replace oil
filter,
drain oil and fill with synthetic. Couldn't be simpler.

Oh, if you have a new cam/lifter you have to bed them in first (2-3000 rpm
for
1/2 hour) then drive under load at <4000 rpm for an hour or 2 to bed in
rings.

Mike

Mike