Re: Oil and Oil coolers

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Oil and Oil coolers
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 06:41:09 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 3/14/99 10:08 PM so and so (Mike Gigante) said. (And I quote:)

>This is what I do on recommendation of the engine builder.
>
>Use good mineral oil for first 500 miles after rebuild then replace oil
>filter,
>drain oil and fill with synthetic. Couldn't be simpler.
>
>Oh, if you have a new cam/lifter you have to bed them in first (2-3000 rpm
>for
>1/2 hour) then drive under load at <4000 rpm for an hour or 2 to bed in
>rings.
>
>Mike
>
>Mike

Actually, the question was - now that I have about 20,000 mi after the
rebuild, what would be the procedure to switch from mineral to synthetic?

Larry Macy
78 Midget (now w/ Valvoline 20/50 looking for a good synthetic)

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?