Re: Yep -- Threads again.....Was Bulbs

To: mdietsche@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yep -- Threads again.....Was Bulbs
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:04:30 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/15/99 5:26:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mdietsche@yahoo.com writes:

<< I have some
 reason to suspect that the drain threads might be British plumbing
 standard, and if so then screwing in something from the local American
 hardware store might cause the above-mentioned nightmare.  I don't
 know that for sure, but I'd like to know before experimenting on my
 pan, tranny case or axle -- that's why I asked the question.  If
 someone can tell me that American threads are compatible here I'll
 happily use American drain plugs! >>

Mike, have you taken the drain plug to a plumbing supply store and asked them
if they can match it?  This is, of course, assuming you have the old plug,
rather than a rag stuffed in the pan to keep the oil in.  Most of those supply
places are marvels at knowing what size you need on sight.  You might not want
to tell them exactly what you need the plug for, though.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport