Re: rebuild time?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rebuild time?
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:45:35 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,

How many miles do you have on the engine?  The engine should go at least
50,000 miles unless you are racing.  Although 15 psi is a little low at idle,
if it jumps up to 50+ psi when the rpm comes up you may still be alright.  The
tapping noises could just be the rocker arms needing adjusting.  In our
opinion, if it is ready for rebuild do the entire engine and have it balanced.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)