Re: Mig Welder Recommendation

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: Mig Welder Recommendation
From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:15:39 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'd be careful about the auto-dim helmets.  I'm a rank amateur but I've read
professional opinions about how after striking 30-40 arcs in a long session of
welding, their eyes burn and itch because of the cummulative fractional
exposure to the arc.  But as the aforementioned rank amateur, I know it'd help
me instead of trying to hold the gun steady as I wiggle the helmet down or
move the shield in front of my face before striking the arc.  As far as
welding units go, I've gotten a Daytona Mig, the most powerful 120v unit they
have available, with gas, and I love it.  Well made and easy to run, but it's
the only one I've used.

FWIW,

Larry
'65 Midget