RE: Mig Welder Recommendation

To: "'Larry Bull'" <lbull@dreamscape.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mig Welder Recommendation
From: "William, Roger" <rwilliam@elsikmail.alief.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:13:23 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You get what you pay for. Buy a Lincoln, Miller or Hobart. The century units
, I think are Italian. Might be hard to get parts for. There is a British
one out there too. Yikes! The Lincoln has a very good wire feed unit. I own
a Hobart, it has a very nice transformer. I have had to buy a few
replacement parts. They were easy to get and not too costly. I bought the
Hobart 12 years ago and it is still working fine. Be sure and buy a large
argon/CO2 mix bottle. Those toy ones don't have enough capacity. Get a good
flow regulator too. I have had trouble with the cheap ones. Good luck!