Re: brake drag

To: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: brake drag
From: "Bob Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:01:20 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I agree 100% with Peter Westcott.  It seems that the problem has to be due
to something inhibiting the flow of brake fluid through the line, since
active pressure on the brake pedal will probably not be noticed if there is
a mild obstruction to flow, whereas, passive release of fluid backwards
past an obstruction in the line when you take your foot off the brake would
be much more noticeable, and would gradually cause the wheels to turn
easier after several seconds or minutes, depending on how great the
obstruction is.
Could there possibly have been a piece of sand or dirt that got stuck in
the brake line when you were working on it?

Bob Wiedemeyer