Re: Rocker Panel Replacement.

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rocker Panel Replacement.
From: "Jay Bourgraf" <jaybird@isoc.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 21:40:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
    First I lined up the inner hinge pillar with the footwell panel
then scribed along the outside to mark its location on the footwell. I
then drilled small holes in the footwell, clamped the pillar to the
footwell (in its marked location) then plug welded it with my mig from
the inside of the footwell. I installed the outer pillar panel last.
It is a good idea to fit it and crimp it before you mount the inner
pillar. Then pull it back off before you weld the pillar in. I then
slid the outer rocker behind all of this madness and plug welded the
inner pillar to the rocker after everything was aligned. I was not
real happy with the way my outer pillar looks but it is nothing that a
skim coat of bondo won't fix.
I can't help you with the rear quarter because I cheated and left
about 2" of the outer rocker attached to it. My quarters are real
good.
Good luck!

Jay Bourgraf