Re: Speaking of Midget keys... What about Sprites?

To: Frmjr45@aol.com
Subject: Re: Speaking of Midget keys... What about Sprites?
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 08:05:24 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 03/4/1999  6:01:13AM,  Frmjr45@aol.com writes:

<< The top is round and they say Union, made in England on one side
 and Wilmot Breeden on the other >>

These sound like the real original keys.  Keys like lock mechanisms can wear
over the years and you end with skeleton keys (they fit anything and
everything British/BMC).  If you replace all the lock barrels and get new
keys the problem goes away.  The ignition lock barrel is the easiest to
change, the boot the most difficult.

Wilmot Breeden as a company still exists though it has I think passed through
a couple of owners.   Some years ago they supplied a matched set of:
ignition, door and boot locks for me - apparently they were supposed to come
that way but over the years I had a separate key for each lock.

Daniel1312