Re: Checking bearing specs

To: Metallian6@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Checking bearing specs
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:22:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Metallian6@aol.com writes:

<< When I put the rod and main bearings back in my 948cc how do I check the
 clearance? When I built a 327 for my old '76 Camaro I used plastie gage. >>

Yep

<<But at that time I was taking auto shop. I don't have any plastie gage on
hand. >>

Guess the teacher didn't teach anything!!  Go to any *decent* auto
parts.machine
shop - they sell it!!

<< Is there another way cause I don't want to go through all this work and
have
 anything being a little off and having to do this over again. >>

You can always let the machine shop do the work.  Added plus - WARRENTY .

<<Any comments on
 this would be appreciated.>>

And there you have them!!<G>

           Ed