Re: another new subscriber

To: turbotodd@cyberstation.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another new subscriber
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:28:17 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-04-09 16:05:38 EDT, turbotodd@cyberstation.net writes:

> I was curious as to how much the list members have spent on average on
>  restoration projects, and to what extent the restorations were.

As the great Peter Egan points out in this month's Road and Track, us old
British car guys usually aren't efficiency experts when it comes to time
spent looking at and working on our cars.

On my "blueprinted" motor this past summer, I probably spent as much time and
$$$ as I did getting a Sp*tF*re totally restored (still no leaks in the motor
by the way!!!!).  I didn't keep real good track of time on either job (both
took 3 months calender time; actual work time is hard to pin down).  With the
Spit, I was losing garage space, so motivation was VERY high.  With the
motor, there was a perfectly good one in the car already, so i took it
slower.  I'm almost sorry I kept good financial records!

Ron