Re: another new subscriber

To: Todd Milliken <turbotodd@cyberstation.net>
Subject: Re: another new subscriber
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 20:10:59 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Todd Milliken wrote:

>         I was curious as to how much the list members have spent on average on
> restoration projects, and to what extent the restorations were.

Welcome Todd.
As far as total costs on restorations, they can be done from cheap to
extravagant.
On my extravagant resto I kept all the receipts, in my mind I knew I had
spent around $7,000 and I still had no drive train or interior. I sold
that car for $7500 and to this day never totaled the receipts. I don't
want to.
On the other hand I put together a Bugeyed nose, right hand drive, round
wheel arch Midget complete and including a paint job, and interior (nice
I may ad) for $500!
I did this because someone asked me if it could be done. It can. (see
picture of PIECES on my home page  http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut

We are here to help, learn, talk about cats, joke amongst ourselves,
call each other names, and congratulate each other on their milestones.
(sorry Montana Bob)
We are like family.
If Peter C say's it's so and I agree then it is GOSPEL! but........
If Peter and I disagree, it's gonna rain for 40 days and 40 nights!

When doing your restoration, spend money on the brakes, do NOT accept
Asian made junk, use only genuine Lockheed brake parts and hoses. Watch
the quality of some of those "file to fit" parts, good parts are
available maybe not as easy as calling a 1-800 number but they are out
there and the difference is worth the extra effort unless you like
replacing 1 year old parts. The prices are the same so spend the time to
get the quality. Your safety and sanity are not worth settling for
chinese junk repro parts. (been there, done that, and almost lost my
mind. Right List?)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ