Texas Healey Roundup

To: "spridgets address" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Texas Healey Roundup
From: "Bradley Borgard" <bborgard@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 20:02:25 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi List,
I have been working on my 63 Sprite, Jackie getting her ready for the Texas
Healey Roundup '99 near Dallas.  I am a little worried about driving my car
to Dallas from Austin as it isn't the most reliable.  Anyway, I noticed  oil
leaking from the brake drums and figured it is the rear seals since the oil
looks to be too heavy for brake fluid and the differential was low.

Question:  How hard is it to change this seal and can I do it before next
weekend?  I am most worried about the bearing, getting it out and back in?
I have the replacement seal.  Do I have to press out the bearing, thus
breaking it, and do I have to take the back brakes apart to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.  If you are interested in the Texas Healey
Roundup e-mail me I have another flyer and phone numbers of people you can
call.  This is usually a really great event with a lot of folks attending.

Like to think of my self as a sponge not a lurker.

Bradley Borgard
'63 Sprite
Austin, TX