Re: Jay

To: Thecarguru@aol.com
Subject: Re: Jay
From: Kate & Gary Bales <kgb@clipper.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:04:48 -0700
Cc: tob@taltec.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My Midget lived in my favorite mechanic's shop for the best part of 6 months
while he did a rebuild and put in a new gearbox.  He had not worked on British
for nearly 25 years and the conditions for doing the work (at a price I could
afford) were that he could take his time, and that I would find the parts.  I
handed him British Auto Part's card and every time he called the answer was "In
stock, be there in an hour".  We never get that kind of results with our
American
vehicles.  The parts are consistently cheaper too!!!  My total bill, less parts,
was $400.