Re: shirts

To: tob@taltec.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shirts
From: Bruce Henderson <bhndrson@west.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You wrote:

>> ... however the shirts do make great gifts....I'm sending one to Bruce,
(Previous Owner of my sprite) <<

VERY VERY COOL!!!

To the group: I responded to Toby's message to the list that he was
a-lookin' and I was in considerin'-sellin' mode because I had this car in
the garage for about five years and hadn't touched it much besides sitting
in it and buying parts.  A terminal case of the "lazies," methinks.  I
pushed it into the driveway to give it a wash and last caressing.  I started
to have second thoughts about selling, but Toby was on his way.  I was
secretly hoping that he'd think twice also and "want to look around a bit."
Didn't happen.  I had already considered giving him one shot and if he had
doubts, it would have been off the market.  Nope.  He buys cars like I do (I
bought the Sprite sight unseen because it would have been a "good project
car," and I bought my 356 (no flames please, they are quite nice too!) after
looking at it for five minutes (Hey! I just knew!).

So, Toby has what I consider to be a car in pretty decent condition (Arizona
car; needs some work, but not as much as some have experienced) with a bunch
of parts (yeah, including Moss).  He got running in no time, the engine has
good compression, the tranny has a bolts-in-a-blender first gear, but the
shifting is like a rifle bolt, and I suppose the suspension might be a bit
tired.  But my god, he also got a small treasure trove with it (I should
have charged extra).  And he has youth's enthusiasm to see the project
through in a minimum amount of time.  I hope to see it on the road one day
(in the rear view mirror of my future Mk. I, of course, and presuming the
mirror doesn't vibrate too much).

Regards,

Bruce Henderson
Camarillo, CA