Re: Transmission - Painted?

To: biffjones@erols.com, GMari58175@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission - Painted?
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:20:49 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/15/99 8:42:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
biffjones@erols.com writes:

<< OKAY George you made me go out and take a second look at the
 tranny and Mr. NOS you are correct it is painted!!!!!

 Guess I've spent to much time under the bugeye and it was dark
 last nite and I didn't use a flashlight.  Honestly, I never
 really noticed that it was painted to match the engine and
 generator. :>I

Now why would anybody think that a 25+ year old piece of machinery with
dissimilar metals would retain Paint?!?!?!?<G><G>

Cheers..........

         Ed
         Past owner '61, '58 & 59' AN-5
         Custodian & Wrench for an ORIGINAL Owner '65 AN-8 with pretty
                 Green motor, Bell housing bolts & mostly silver tranny (all
of which
                 have never been out of car!!)