RE: 13x 5"aluminum wheels

To: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Subject: RE: 13x 5"aluminum wheels
From: "Paul Dolloff" <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:47:38 EST5EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark,

FWIW:

One of my '66 Sprites has wire wheels.  I did some checking to find
out who refurbishes wheels.  I eventually got to Dayton Wire Wheel
in Dayton, Ohio.  They told me they refurbish painted wheels for
$85/each which does not include a new hub.

Now, they told me that they manufacture replacement wheels and
warned me that the size is not original.  I was told that the original
size was 4 inches while their replacement wheels are 4 1/2 inches.

Ed gave me a quote for new Dayton Wire wheels since you can't
buy directly from the factory.  I still haven't decided what I am going
to do.  I may sandblast what I've got and re-paint.

Regards,
Paul