Re: Installing the pistons

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing the pistons
From: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 05:40:07 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I trust that you're using a good engine assembly lube, especially on
the cam lobes and lifters....
Is this a 1380 ala vizard?
I'll be interested to see how it goes..my 1136 (1098 +0.040) just
does'nt quite produce the beans i want...perhaps I spoiled myself by
driving mopar V8's for too long?
Do you have a five speed box? After driving ny girlfreinds prelude ,
I find myself constantly going to shift into a non existent 5th!
andy

>From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
>To: spridgets@autox.team.net
>Subject: Installing the pistons
>Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
>
>The assembly of my 1380 finally got started today.  The crank is in,
turns
>freely, no noticable end float at all (hope that's ok).  VP7 cam is
>installed, but sticks out too far at the end (will ask APT).
>
>First piston is installed, second one didn't want to go in and I
BROKE THE