[Fwd: THR19]boundary="------------82B3D9921F698E3E298F42EA"

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: THR19]boundary="------------82B3D9921F698E3E298F42EA"
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:43:40 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
--------------82B3D9921F698E3E298F42EA

The Kitterers are on the road again!  Bob asked me to forward this to the
list.

Amy

--------------82B3D9921F698E3E298F42EA

From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:43:42 EDT
Subject: THR19
To: ltturner@cococo.net

Hi List,

Friday April 16 was the beginning of The Last Roundup--Texas Healey Roundup
19, hosted by the North Texas Austin-Healey Club.  By evening, there were
about 200 people, including children, from 13 states spanning from California
to Florida, a large contingents from Oklahoma, a couple from Ontario, Canada,
and a man from Tunis, Tunisia.  They drove a total of about 65 cars--20
Sprites, 40 Big Healeys, and Specials (Jensens, Spec Sprites, Race Cars,
Nasty Boys, etc.)

In Texas they do things in superlatives, and a Healey event is no exception.
Although we had only been to one of these events, we soon felt right at home
among our old friends while making new ones.  We didn’t identify any other
Spridgeteers, but if you were there and we missed you, we hope you had as
much fun as we did.   Getting lost on the way to Popularity, a just right mix
of humor and serious rallying, and a spectacular gymkhana in which the first
place car of all four classes-- Sprites, Big Healeys, and Specials
(everything else) and “The Race for the Roses” (for ladies only) --finished
within 0.9 seconds of each other.  Along with the Margaritas this is
consistently a great start to Sports Car Season.  This Friday evening,
Saturday and Sunday morning event is just excellent.

April 7, 2000 is the start of Roundup 20 in the Texas hill country, guess we
will just have to start planning for another trip.

Just roving about

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)

--------------82B3D9921F698E3E298F42EA--