Radios, antennas, and speakers?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Radios, antennas, and speakers?
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:31:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spring is here and I feel the need for some jazz as
I drive around the countryside. I'd like to install a
simple AM/FM radio in the console. But I got the
usual list of obvious questions, like?

1. How do I mount the radio? Do I just SiliconeSealer it
   in place, manufacture a sheetsteel frame, or is there
   a "better" way?

2. Where to put the speaker(s)? Actually, I'd be quite happy with a
   single low-tech speaker right in the original grill. Can such
   an old-fashioned speaker be found?  What have y'all used?

3. I hate to cut a hole for an antenna, having patched up so many
   other holes. Is there a "better" way?

I'll consider any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net