Re: Radios, antennas, and speakers?

To: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: Radios, antennas, and speakers?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:49:56 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, chuckc@ibm.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

>   Hi Chuck!
>   Don't know if they'd fit (maybe adaptable?), but several companies
> are selling special speaker -pairs- to fit in the -single- (oval) speaker
> hole in the dash of early Mustangs.
>      Ed in NC (Raleigh)

Yeah Chuck

I bought a pair of 3" speakers, good ones, and with a little bit of
ingenuity I made  the pair fit in the original (later style) consul. The
sound was quite good from these little jobs, I think they were Jensen
speakers and 2 cost close to $50 but I can hear the radio at 70 mph, top
off, and a loud muffler.
Now my yellow car has a pair of box speakers from my daughters old
stereo (house stereo that it) the 2 fit behind the seat in the bugeye
and I can just stuff them in the boot when I want to, they do slide back
and forth since they are not bolted down. Maybe a bit of Velcroe this
summer!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ