Re: 5-speed and autocross tires

Subject: Re: 5-speed and autocross tires
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:05:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul A Asgeirsson wrote:

> Hi Amy,
>
> About question #1.
>
> If it came from a 210, any year, it's the right tranny.  All that would
> be wrong is it might be 4 speed vs 5 speed or verse vica!  Then on the
> other hand it might not be a 210 tranny, in which case what you bought
> was misrepresented.  Go after them.

I was mistaken.  He did get the right one.  He was worrying about cutting the
bell housing so the starter would fit.  I looked at the one I bought and saw
the bump on the side of the bell housing where I though the starter would
fit.  I thought his didn't have that bump.  I was wrong, though.  His is an F
series (FA, I think), so it should fit.  I guess they all have to be modified
to make room for the starter.

Glad I don't have to give him bad news,
Amy