Re: Clutch ?????????

To: Lmacy1211@aol.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: Clutch ?????????
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:48:33 EDT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/2/99 7:46:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lmacy1211@aol.com
writes:

<< So now I come to the wisdom of the listers, If air continues to get in
 the bleed line is that indicitive of a leak in the line or a bad master
 cylinder. I gotta fix this fast as this is my only car and a daily
 driver!! If it is the line (red plastic) what do I use to replace it? Or
 do I gotta order from the usual sources?

 Larry  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know this is a day late, but I just got to my e-mail this morning.

It sounds to me like air is getting into the plastic line.  That would be the
first thing to replace.  I assume that brake fluid isn't flowing out of
anything.  Usually when the MC or slave cyl is bad you get fluid all over.
If there is a crack in the clutch line, it would allow air to get in more
easily than allowing fluid to flow, hence, no leak, but only air at the
bleeder screw.

If you get desperate, give me a call.  (You should have my number.  If you
send e-mail, I check it multiple times a day while at work.)  The line in my
Midget is probably sound, and I'm not on the road yet.  You can have it and
I'll get a new one.  Maybe we can split the cost.

Let me know how you make out with it.  (I didn't know you had an AOL account!)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport