Judson Alternative,

Subject: Judson Alternative,
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 12:06:47 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've been talking with my Midget owner friend, and he is really into modern
English cars, telling me they will make a come back into the US very soon...
but we will see about that.

But anyway, He told me, the A series Engine was used after the non-triumph
midgets all the way into the early 90s! It went into several small english
cars including the Austin Rover, austin allegro, and the austin metros. He
said anything small and economic in the 80s had em.

Now heres the very intresting part. There was such a thing as a  Austin
Rover turbo, that had a turbo on the A series engine, I'm not a big fan of
Turbos, but seems to be much cheaper than a Judson. He is getting one from
the UK for about $300 with manifolds and all.  I know it was never original
on our Spridgets, but it is orignal on the A series engine. Also this turbo
is only found in the UK. Anybody have any experiance with these turbos? can
someone back my friend up? This maybe worth looking into as a Judson
Alternative...

Thanks

Toby