Re: Jensen GT

To: Kate & Gary Bales <kgb@clipper.net>
Subject: Re: Jensen GT
From: Scott Fisher <sefisher@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 10:46:56 -0700
Cc: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Kate & Gary Bales wrote:

> If it were a Jensen Interceptor, I'd mortgage my husband, horse and all 3
> dogs to get it.

They're safe, for now at least.  The Jensen GT is what happened when
Kjell Qvale decided the MGB-GT was a really good idea.  It's basically
the Jensen-Healey with a fixed roof and rear hatch, like not only the
MGB-GT but also the Volvo 1800ES of the early Seventies.  They were
produced in very limited numbers compared to the Jensen-Healey's already
fairly limited numbers.

The Jensen Interceptor is a completely different beast, complete with
Chrysler V8 engine for romping, stomping torque.  It's a very large car
compared to the Jensen-Healey (and a stonking great HUGE car compared to
a Spridget -- I clearly remember looking over at one while driving onto
the lawn at an All-British day and being eyeball-to-doorhandle with it),
available as both a fixed-roof coupe and an attractive four-seater
convertible.

Kate, you could probably tow the horse trailer with one, and maybe fit
the dogs in the back...  Don't mind me, I'm the nutcase who has
seriously thought, more than once, that an XJ-S would make a fine tow
vehicle for a vintage race car.  Just think of the V12's pulling power!

For Martyn's benefit: Can't say I follow Jensen GT prices.  I vaguely
recall that, for comparable condition cars, the prices are a bit lower
than J-H prices, but then there's the rarety to consider.  There are
many Web sites for Jensens; here's a good one:

http://www.british-steel.org/

Has links, clubs, etc.  You'll surely find what you're looking for
there, or on a link somewhere on that site.

> Kate (single as soon as better half reads this)

Just a word to this list, and you wouldn't have to stay that way for
long, I'd bet! :-)

Best of luck to you both...

--Scott Fisher