Re: 72 Fuel Pump

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 72 Fuel Pump
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 20:38:07 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Chuck:

My experience says that it's good to be paranoid about electric fuel pumps.
The worst of it was a few years ago in a borrowed MGB, immobilized on the
side of a elevated section of I-5 in East LA. Not fun, from the 80 mph
traffic roaring along inches from the left side door (I got out of the car
and climbed up on the retaining wall to await help, had visions of being
pulverized by a tractor trailer....), to the incredible shaking and bouncing
that occurs on elevated freeways (who knew they moved up and down that
much?), to the thoughts of being a sitting duck for some of the
neighborhood's less thoughtful citizens........

All this because some little bit of debris shut the fuel pump down.

&^%$#@ SU fuel pumps, anyway. I think I would opt for one of those dual
pumps that are made for racing use.

Be prepared!

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye (with good old AC mechanical pump)
AN5L/636