Re: My interior is back

To: RBHouston@aol.com, mgrazian@ltcm.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, ulix@u.washington.edu, wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: My interior is back
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:05:03 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/7/99 12:27:23 PM EST, RBHouston@aol.com writes:

<< where all you old folks had to
  practice jumping on the floor under a desk and roll up into a fetal
  position.  >>

Not really--that was the '50's, when every self respecting homeowner had some
semblance of a bomb shelter, as if that would do any good.  The Missle crisis
had draft-age guys like me sweating bullets that the Ruskies would not back
down.  Kennedy had been backed into a corner after his failure to honor his
word to provide backup to the Bay of Pigs invaders, leading to their demise.
So we sat on the edge of our seats watching the drama of the pending
confrontation unfold.  When the Ruskies turned it was like the last second
winning basketball shot.  The place where we were watching erupted in cheers.

--David