Re: Radiator Pressure

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Radiator Pressure
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:38:42 -0700
Cc: "Gronberg, John" <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>, "'Majordomo, Spridgets List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If the consideration or reasoning for running a higher pressure cap (increase
temperature boiling point) is because the engine seems to run "hot",  I would
check/adjust timing and make sure water passages, including the radiator, were
not
clogged or partially blocked.  Rust builds up when an engine sits "dry" for
even a
short period of time.  PLUS, keep antifreeze/coolant in the radiator at all
times.  Not only does it keep our LBC's from freezing, it contain rust
inhibitors.  Not to mention it also raises the boiling point.
WFO Herb