re: Sprites in movies

To: toobmany@bigpond.com, rbhouston@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Sprites in movies
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Tue, 11 May 99 18:37:21 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>>I believe that was Mannix..can't remember the star's name, but he resembled
>>the Fugitive actor, can't remember his name either...danged old timers

  Harry O was played by David Jansen.  Yes, the same guy who played the
original "Fugitive".
  You're likely right about that being a side-curtain car; I can't
picture it clear enough any more. :-)  Or could he have had a different
one later in the show??  No idea.
  Mannix was a different actor (who's name I forget but I liked his show;
one of the first with an intelligently portrayed, black female supporting
actor (Mannix's secretary)).  Mannix drove a convertible, but it was
something noticeably bigger and classier(??) than a Spridget. ;-)  That
car was also black I think, possibly a Challenger.  (Or maybe his car was
a hardtop and his secretary had the convertible?  SOMEbody had a nice one
on that show! :-) :-) )
   Ed in NC
           "Thread!"  (Somebody hates that term...  :-) :-) :-)