Re: first motion shaft bushing

To: brucewoodward@kconline.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: first motion shaft bushing
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 23:10:28 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/13/99 8:03:06 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
brucewoodward@kconline.com writes:

> My question:  None of the local supply houses have an expanding bushing
>  puller small enough (1/2" inside diameter) for purchase.  Anybody got any
>  secrets to alternative removal of this bushing?

Back in the days under the shade tree we filled these (on chebbys and fords)
with grease and drove a punch that was the same size as the inside diameter
into the hole...the grease would force out the old bushing.  Don't forget to
soak the new bushing in oil for a day or two.

Robert Houston