Re: first motion shaft bushing

To: Bruce Woodward <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Subject: Re: first motion shaft bushing
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 21:48:43 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Bruce,

I was told by my Mechanic friend to use a tap.  Find a tap of suitable size
that is slightly larger then the hole.  Push a small washer into the hole
bottom to keep from scratching the hole.  Thread the tap into the brass
bushing when it bottoms out, keep turning and it walks right up the tap.
Worked like a charm on my MGB.

I've used the punch and grease also but the clearence have to be so tight for
it to work it was a real hassel.  This way was so much easier because everyone
has a taps laying around the shop.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby