Re: CFR engine

To: tob@taltec.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CFR engine
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:32:14 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/13/99 6:48:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tob@taltec.net
writes:

<< anybody ever think about making this into an engine? It would be kinda nice
 to adjust your compression depending on gas
 prices\performance\relaibility..... very intresting stuff. or maybe on
 future engines, have the whole setup automatic, so you cant destroy your
 engine even trying to make it knock. I always wanted to be an auto
 engineer..... >>

Cadillac tried it (sort of) with the 8/6/4 that dropped cylinders as load
decreased.  It didn't work.

I believe there are currently computer controlled engines that vary the
ignition timing when knock is detected.  There is no need to vary the
displacement when knocking can be controlled by timing, a much simpler
approach.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport