Re: 1100 tuning

To: trunkie@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1100 tuning
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 16:36:06 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 14/5/1999  5:02:40PM,  trunkie@hotmail.com writes:

<< Okay petrolheads,
 I'm trying to get the best out of what I've got:
 A 10CCDAH high comp 1100 (.040 OB so 1136cc) with a 998 cooper head.
 I've got a 3 into 1 extractor with fairly short primaries, about 1 foot
 long.
 Twin 1 1/4" S.U.s as standard with AN needles.
 Anyone know if I should change needles?>>

YES, because of the head and extractor.

 <<I'm pretty sure theres a lumpy-ish cam  in there as the idle is not
smooth>>

Not necessarily, - any performance cam just needs a higher idle setting than
a standard cam would want.

<< When revved should the mark fly around to 40' or more btdc? Thats just the
 centrifugal advance doin its thing right...?>>

Yes

Daniel1312