Re: Sprite floor support

To: Metallian6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sprite floor support
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 20:42:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 13:51 17-05-99 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi list. I just got my body estimate today. It will cost me $800.00 to have
>my bodyman do the repairs to my '62 Sprite body. I just have to get the
>bonnet, inner and outer rocker panels, and floor pans. I also need the floor
>pan support beams but can't find any for a '62. I did find some for a Bugeye
>though. My question is will the floor pan support beams from a Bugeye fit in
>a '62 Sprite Mkll? If so then I'm set. I am having the body work done next
>month so I need to find some before then. Any help and comments are always
>appreciated.
>
>Cheers,
>James
>1962 AH Sprite (Restoration in progress)
>1979 Trans Am (For sale)
>Web site link:
> <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>1962
>Austin-Healey Sprite Restoration
></A>

All lower panels and supports from Frogeye till the 'semi-eliptic' springs
were fitted are the same.  But $800.00 sounds mighty cheap.  You are either
getting a great deal or........

You are going to spend much more than that in parts.

Just a word of advise to the body man, get the bonnet correct and fitted
first (saves $2000.00 + years  -proof and times if desired.)

Cheers,
Martyn

The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')