Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)

Subject: Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 17:11:28 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
not looking to stir up trouble, but...
did locktight exist at the factory? what did they use? new lock tabs I
presume...maybe this is just for purists... but it seems to me, that they
knew what they were doing... then again... maybe not...

Toby

>Ulix,  I used blue loctite everywhere Frank said, and in all the places
where he doesn't!  No lock tabs for me, they don't torque well at all.  If
you are using the ARP bolts, studs, and nuts, use the lube they sent you,
then put a drop of loctite on top after your done.  I now use Fel-Pro's Grey
Bolt Prep instead of loctite because it has graphite  in it for anti-seize.