Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)

To: tob@taltec.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:56:40 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 20/5/1999  0:17:39AM,  tob@taltec.net writes:

<< not looking to stir up trouble, but...
 did locktight exist at the factory? what did they use? new lock tabs I
 presume...maybe this is just for purists... but it seems to me, that they
 knew what they were doing... then again... maybe not...

 Toby

Hi Toby,

For sure the factory knew what they were doing (most of the time) BUT they
also did things to a tight budget and with the technology and materials
available at the time.  For instance that was why they used cross ply (bias
USA?) tyres and not radials.

Daniel1312