Re: Car covers

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, branch@valinet.com
Subject: Re: Car covers
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:40:04 EDT
Cc: dannyr@flint.umich.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gotta be careful what I read on this list..it keeps costing me money.

If you call Covercraft at 800-382-3040 (they make the covers most places
sell) they will sell direct.  They have 6 different "redifit" sizes, and a
custom Spridget size.

No Spridet sales today, but I found a redifit factory second for the TR4, and
one for the RX7 at $40.00 each..techtawhatever 2 that is supposed to be 4
layers, breathing, and water resistant.

Of course I had to buy the custom cover for the Midget then.  Redifit for the
Midget is $106.43, and the custom was $124.88...what the heck, only 18
dollars more.

In Southern NM where I live, and far west Texas where I work, it MAY rain
8-10 times a year for a total rainfall of around 7 inches, so the water
repellency was important, but not essential.  I mostly wanted to slow up the
sand blowing into the interior around the windos and through the grill into
the engine bay.

I was advised against covering the car, as some sand will get under it, and
if the cover does not fit tight, it will sand your new paint job for you.
Well my paint job is nothing to brag about, it could use some sanding, and
that's another reason I got the cutom fit cover, to take some of the
billowing and blowing out of it.

Robert Houston
6 vehicles, no garage, hardly any rain, but 25-50 mph wind gusts 3-4 months a
year, and an unending supply of sand.  Lots of beach, no ocean!