Re: Tooting the horn

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tooting the horn
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:08:06 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A-ha!  I finally figured out what I'm missing.  I just went and looked at
several other Midgets and found that my wire is there, but...I am missing the
copper tab that goes from the wire to the steering wheel, as well as the
plunger (horn brush?).  I picked up a plunger today and will rig in a tab.
Thanks for all the help!

adrian

Herb_Goede@amsinc.com wrote:

> J.
>
> Depending on the year of your car this is how it works. The cone shaped
> piece that mounts to the dash and fills in the space between the wheel and
> the dash should have a brass contact ring to fit between it and the wheel.
> The ring should have a wire connected to it.  The wheel has a 3/8" hole
> next to the mounting hole.  A plastic and brass plunger fits in there and
> rides against the brass ring.  When you push the horn button it compresses
> the plunger and completes the ground circuit and you get beep beep.
>
> Herb G.

J. Adrian Barnes
Business Information Group
http://www.workgroup.net