Re: Safety and Young Drivers in Spridgets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety and Young Drivers in Spridgets
From: Leigh Ellen Johnson <L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:21:15 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 21:17 27/05/99 -0400, Frank Clarici wrote:
>A while back my wife was hit by a Toyota while in her Sprite, the Tpyota
>was totaled, the Sprite drove home! She suffered a bruised arm the other
>girl went to the hospital but was OK. She was putting on make up while
>driving and my wife was stopped.
>
>If it's gonna happen, nothing in the world can change it. Life is for
>living.

My dad's dream was always to have his jag.  They eventually bought a '78 in
'84, and mum ended up driving it to and from work.  She's wasn't really
comfortable in it at first, then she was at the front of a three car prang
on the way home from work.  Apparently, the bloke who rear ended her and
the toyota behind her just didn't see either of them, or the red light they
were stopped at.  The Toyota and the Ford were totalled.  Mum drove away
with a dented tail pipe and toyota paint on her bumper.  She loved that jag
after that!

Like Frank said, if it's gonna happen.....  I know I feel a whole lot safer
in my steel Sprite, than in my friend's tinfoil jellybean.  And that bit
about focusing on your driving - me too.  My concentration is always on the
road, other motorists who don't always see me, and my car.  When I get into
a modern manual car, it feels like an automatic compared to the Sprite.

Leigh Ellen
'62 MkII Sprite