other hobbies

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: other hobbies
From: Bob Chamberlain <bobchamb@southwind.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 18:53:28
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey, I got another one,---------at the seed and feed store I saw a "compost
thermometer"   Now, why did I buy this? Well, I'll tell you. It is about 15
inches long and has a dial indicator at the end.OK, you are supposed to put
this into your compost pile and see if it is cooking.  I looked at this
$10.00 special and said,---"oil temp guage".  Remove dip stick, insert
compost thermometer and get a rough idea how hot your oil is. OK, I know,
you have to pull over to the side of the road to check it and it is sump
temp only , but it just might give you an idea of how hot everything is
getting.  I was surprised to see 200 degrees on just a short trip.