Re: HELP with rings etc. 1275 midget (and a new car!)

To: trunkie@hotmail.com, RHDSprite@cs.com
Subject: Re: HELP with rings etc. 1275 midget (and a new car!)
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:01:01 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've checked some old Special Tuning catalogs.  Flat top pistons 20 over on a
1275 will give 12:1 compression, plus Barry's head has been skimmed which
will raise the CR some more.  I've had pop-ups in my 948 at 11.5:1 using pump
89 octane plus octane boost.  Peter C. is going to try to ID the pistons
through the casting #s.  Vizard's books say that the "W" piston is not high
performance and isn't good over 6000 rpm. I have to wonder what the original
application for these pistons are if they're not high performance but are
giving 12:1 CR?.

Rick