Re: Red light district revisited

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Red light district revisited
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 22:18:33 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Peter C. wrote:

> Listers,
>         Last week I gave a woefully inadequate response to what the IGN light
>is
> about when it is on with the key out or with the engine running. Dan
> Masters, over on the Tr**mph list, explains it and a LOT more at
> http://www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator-overview.html    clear and concise
> even for me!  There is more information provided by that light than I
> thought!    fergit them guages

Hi Peter and gang et al

    I thought your explanation was very good at the time and helped me out.
Unfortunately, it was not the problem.  Seems that a DCO (dumb current owner)
in his
haste to get the fuse box back in and connected, put the dumb thing in upside
down.
This is significant in that two of the fuse terminals on one side are linked
together underneath (the ones on the right and left side lighting system fuses)
Reversing them causes constant power to go through the two leads from the brown
wire, which powers the line for the oil pressure light, which feeds power back
through the ignition switch... this produces the same symptoms as the alternator
problem, which had me scratching my head for a while until I figured out where
it
was I blundered...

    At any rate, the once dead is now alive again.

Steve.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
|   Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."