Re: Fitting Car Radio Shafts ?

To: chuckc@ibm.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fitting Car Radio Shafts ?
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:26:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>EXCEPT ... the radio is all the way back in the colsole.
>All the way front, too.

I used a couple of one inch brass shoulder nuts (from the furniture
fixture accessories part of the fastener aisle at the local hardware
store) as spacers between the bottom screws and the transmission tunnel.
The top screws are attached to a small piece of strapping material (one
inch long also) painted black to blend into the interior.  This gave me
enough room to mount the rather deep radio.  I have to be in second or
fourth to change tapes, though....

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com