Re: oil filter

To: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>, "majordome" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil filter
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 17:41:03 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Carol,

I just got around to doing this myself a couple weeks ago. If you have the
same spin-on adapter I have (sounds like it), I simply removed the old
cannister and replaced it with the spin-on head. You'll need shorter bolts
and a new gasket, but that was about it. Yes, the oil return pipe fit right
in too. Much nicer!

Gerard

At 6:26 PM -0700 6/3/99, carolien coulter wrote:
>Hi gang,
>I finally can't stand it anymore and am going to change my oil filter on the
>Bugeye to a spinon.I already have one, a Puralator. So that I know what I'm
>getting into.Do I leave the adapter piece that is on there now ( between the
>engine and the filtertop-this is a Puralator) on there or does that come
>off. I seems that it should stay on so the oil return pipe will fit right
>into the top of the spin on top/ Thanks, Carol '59 Bugeye

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A