Re: oil filter

To: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>, "majordome" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil filter
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:43:22 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Did you remove the bushing from the old cannister? There is a bushing that
goes between the pipe fitting and the cannister/filter head. You should be
able to remove it from the old cannister and direct fit to the filter head.
The pipe fiiting would then screw into the bushing. If, for some
inexplicable reason, the threads are different, a visit to an auto supply
or plumbing shop may be your next step.

Gerard

Gerard

At 4:17 PM -0700 6/4/99, carolien coulter wrote:
>Me again
>I put on my spin on oil filter.Everything seemed to go well.The top and
>filter fit and the top fit well to the adaptor piece. The oil return pipe
>and top fitting lined up reasonably well however the fitting (although they
>seemed very close) are not compatable. The pipe fitting is slightly bigger
>than the opening in the filter top. Do I have the wrong filter top ( it says
>Puralator-but I don't remember where I got it)?Thanks, Carol '59 Bugeye

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A