Sprite Engine Questions.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite Engine Questions.
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 19:13:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm confused.  Nothing new, like normal.  I have just picked up a engine.
It's number is:
9CG-U-H 2640

Now comes the confusing part.  My manuals say that the 9CG engines were
introduced for the Mark II Sprites only.  It also states that the "U" was
only used on the Mark I sprites only.  So is this engine out of a Mark I or
a Mark II?  Some other items that would suggest a later MKII is the
generator does not have the tach connection and it has the "breather" that
my earlier MKII does not have.

What say you, oh wise ones, what do I have in my garage.  (I know it really
doesn't matter, but I am curious!)

Bill Miller
61 AH Sprite MKII
78 Triumph Spitfire 1500